Friday, February 28, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: India Bracelet - Green & Topaz

INDIA BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads "Copper" (11-457A)
  • 8/0 seed beads "Copper" (8-457A)
  • 4mm rondelles "Brown/Topaz #C29 AB" (Beads One)
  • SuperDuo beads "Blue Turquoise Bronze Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Green Luster"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



This is one of my favorite bracelets and I made several of these sets for Christmas presents last year. It was rather a fluke that I came up with this combination of beads. I had just grabbed an assortment of beads to try something with the pattern and realized that they really went well together. That's why I have to keep reminding myself to not be afraid to mix unlikely combinations of bead colors because I never know how they'll look together unless I try it. What I love most about this bracelet is the bit of "AB" sparkle that the rondelles add to the mostly matte SuperDuo beads.


The India Bracelet pattern is for sale HERE.

UPDATE: To buy the "India" pattern, try contacting Nicole Hublard on her blog HERE. Click where it says "Contactez l'auteur" (Contact the owner of the blog).


EASY INDIA EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads "Copper" (11-457A)
  • 8/0 seed beads "Copper" (8-457A)
  • 4mm rondelles "#C29 AB" (Beads One)
  • SuperDuo beads "Blue Turquoise Bronze Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Green Luster"

I really wanted to make some earrings to go with the gift bracelets because I thought that it might be difficult for the recipients to find store bought earrings in copper and/or in a style that would go with the bracelet. So, I used one motif from the bracelet and embellished it. For the top section of the earring, I used the top motif from Nunzia Scalpore's "Easy Earrings" YouTube video tutorial. I named them "Easy India Earrings" because they have components from the bracelet and the earring patterns.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda...when you say 4mm rondelles, is that the short side of the rondelle as in a 4X6mm rondelle? Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how the store labeled them and the size is apparently the diameter, not the thickness of the short side. I just measured them and the 4mm ones I buy are 4x3mm and the 3mm ones are 3x2mm. Bear in mind that's for Chinese rondelles. I don't know if Swarovski uses a different way of measuring them.

      Delete
  2. I want to know where you can buy the pattern for this I can't seem to find it I can't do it just by looks I'm not that good so if you can help me I would appreciate it thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb. There is a link to the site where you can buy the pattern in my post above or click HERE.

      Delete