Saturday, February 28, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Art Deco Chain Variation


ART DECO CHAIN VARIATION
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 3mm druks "Champagne" (Nirvana Beads)

I blogged HERE about this cute little chain bracelet that I adapted from a beadwork photo that I saw on Pinterest. Here is my original bracelet:


One day, while wearing this bracelet, I got to wondering if I could enhance the chain by inserting other kinds of beads between the "links". As you can see, it worked quite well. I only had to figure out how to add some of the links from the other end so that I could alternate which direction they faced on either side of the pearls. You can see on the left side of my sample that I first tried connecting two links end to end but I didn't like the look of that. I think it looks much nicer with pearls between all of the links.
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 3mm pearls "Peach - #40" (Beads One)

The pearls that I used in my sample above are called "peach" on the Beads One site but they're really more of a very pale, slightly peachy cream color. As you can see in my photo, they just look like a neutral pearl color.



UPDATE: I just found out that the original pattern that I got this motif from is for sale HERE. The design is called "Colombine" which is interesting because I was calling the motif "Bluebells", which is a similar kind of flower. The tutorial is in French but I've seen it and the illustrations are very good and should be easy to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment