Thursday, July 9, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Cindy Bracelet - Serenity

 
CINDY BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 4mm druks "Champagne" (Nirvana Beads)
  • Silky beads "Serenity"

Even though I used black thread to make this bracelet, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the thread doesn't show at all going through these Silky beads. I don't know how they did it but I'm sure glad they did. I generally try to avoid buying transparent beads because I don't like to see the thread. The dark spots that you see in the photo are the bits of "Picasso" on them, not my thread.

I bought the Silkies from GC Supplies Texas on Etsy, HERE. They're the "table cut" kind of Silkies where the bump is flat rather than rounded. In reality they look a little different than the photos on Etsy. The colored bits aren't as obvious and the main color is a very pale amber. It's a subtle color but it's quite pretty. They go perfectly with the druks that I bought at a local shop.

Read more about this bracelet pattern, HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment