Monday, July 13, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Silky Cameo - Lilac


SILKY CAMEO BRACELET
  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Transparent Montana Gold Luster" (204)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Transparent Montana Gold Luster" (204)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Transparent Montana Gold Luster" (204)
  • Silky beads "Metallic Trim Lilac"

I made this bracelet so that you can see how the pattern works with table cut Silky beads. I think they work quite well even though I had to adjust the number of beads in the "chains". I'm pretty sure that was because of the seed beads that I used. Toho's "luster" finish beads tend to be even larger than their other beads. I think that the clear glossy coating makes them fatter. In any case, I had to use five 15/0 beads on each side instead of six. Also, because of the larger seed beads, this bracelet came out a little too long so I had to use the tiniest clasp that I had.

I love the soft bronze/gold color of the seed beads. You'd never guess that they're actually blue beads, would you? In normal light they appear to be metallic beads but they're really transparent blue.

I bought the Silky beads HERE from GC Supplies Texas on Etsy. They don't look much like the photo in the Etsy shop. They're a much softer, bluer shade of purple, not bright pinkish purple. I've passed up those beads many times thinking that I wouldn't really like them. Thankfully, they're much prettier in reality.

You can download my free "Silky Cameo Bracelet" pattern from THIS post or from the list of free beading patterns on the right side of my blog.




2 comments: