Sunday, February 21, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Lucy Bracelet - Chocolate & Ivory


LUCY BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • Half Tila beads "Berry Bronze" (HT-457B)
  • Silky beads "Opaque Ivory"
  • 4mm druks "Beige Luster Picasso" (from Opaque Brown Luster Mix)

Recently someone asked me in the comments if the Lucy pattern would work with 11/0 seed beads in place of the 15/0 beads. I wasn't sure so I gave it a try and they work perfectly. The bracelet doesn't come out looking very different but it will come out slightly longer due to the larger beads between the motifs.

As I told Jojo, replace any single 15/0 beads called for with an 11/0. And, whenever the pattern says to pick up three 15/0 beads, pick up two 11/0 seed beads instead. I also changed the clasp loop to three 11/0 + one 8/0 + three 11/0.

You can download the free "Lucy Bracelet" pattern from THIS post.



 

1 comment: