Sunday, February 28, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Quick SuperDuo Bracelet - Mocha


QUICK SUPERDUO BRACELET
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 3mm Czech pearls "Fiesta Nutmeg"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Green Senegal Matte"



I called this bracelet "mocha" because the bead colors remind me of coffee with cream. I was revising my copy of the tutorial and needed to make a bracelet to check the tutorial for mistakes. I quickly pulled out some beads and I really liked the colors once I saw them together.

You can get the free tutorial from the Beading Daily site HERE. If you try that tutorial, there is a typo in Step 5 that you should know about. The sentence that reads "Repeat until you have a total of 4A and 3B." should say "...4A and 3D". Note the D instead of a B. The instructions are also a little vague in the next part of that step. They just say to "Pass through all beads again...". What they don't tell you is that you should go through the 15/0 seed bead (B), druk (D) and 15/0 seed bead (B) that are on the end of the previous motif. It's important to go back around through all three of those beads to get the correct result. Those three beads are shared by two motifs.


You can see in the photo below, which shows the back side, that the motifs are cupped. That's the way they're supposed to be and this gives the bracelet a more interesting appearance.



 

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I really like the nutmeg. Beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good name for the color.

      Delete
    2. I just ordered some of the "mystery" color bicones from Aura Crystals to make "Rani" like you-know-who made hers.

      Delete
  2. I love this bracelet! I made a couple of these from EsO beads instead of the superduo's and the change made the bracelet bigger and gave it a nice texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the EsO beads. Are they kind of like a larger SuperDuo?

      Delete