Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Ivy Bracelet - Chalk Lumi Green



IVY BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Chalk Lumi Green"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet Dark Travertin"
  • O beads "Oxidized Bronze Berry"

Here is the "Ivy" bracelet in another colorway. I couldn't decide just what color to call this one so I used the color name of the DiamonDuo beads. The overall look is sort of coppery, mauve and pale greenish blue.

I've only seen the pretty berry-colored O beads that I used at Supply Emporium. You can buy them HERE.

I tried something different with some of my photos this time. When I have bracelets that won't stand up on their own, I've been putting them on a champagne glass to take the photos. Sometimes this works pretty well but other times they don't turn out so great. This time I tried putting some colored tissue paper inside the glass to give my camera something to focus on other than the shiny glass. I haven't decided if this helps or not. What do you think? Below is a photo without the tissue paper inside the glass:




Go to THIS post to download our free "Ivy Bracelet" pattern. You can also access the pattern, as well as all of our free patterns, from the Free Beading Pattern list on the right side of my blog.



I realize that DiamonDuo beads are very hard to come by because the main supplier for them keeps running out of stock. I've compiled a list of places that I'm aware of that carry them. Bear in mind that their supplies might be very limited and you'll have to keep checking those sites if you want to catch them just at the moment that they are back in stock.

SOURCES FOR DIAMONDUO BEADS:

Queen City Bead Etsy

Red Panda

Charlene's Beads

Bead Passion Studio Etsy

Southpass Beads Etsy

Forever Beading Etsy

Beads To Weave Etsy

Sweet Beads Etsy

Bead Prestige Studio Etsy

Potomac Beads

BeadStuff

Shipwreck Beads

Robin's Beads (UK)

Beads Mine (Italy)

Creative Beadcraft (UK)

Crystals and Ice Bead Shop (UK)



The Bead Shop Scotland (UK)

1960 Beads (local shop - Houston, TX)



Beadaholique



6 comments:

  1. Maybe if the glass vase was frosted there wouldn't be as much glare. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably true but I'm not going to do anything to the glass to ruin it. It's a crystal champagne glass and part of a set. In any case, I've come up with an alternative that seems to work pretty well.

      Delete
  2. The bracelet is beautiful! The photo without the tissue paper shows off the bracelet more. The photo with the tissue paper seems a little busy - the bracelet, the patterned paper and its wrinkles - maybe try using a solid color tissue paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I tried that tissue paper because of the color. The only other colors that I've got are white and very bright colors and that one was more subtle. As I mentioned in my reply to the comment above, I've come up with a better solution to the glass and so far it seems to work very well, at least with the bracelets that I've tried. It might not work for very skinny bracelets but those generally do stand up on their own anyway.

      Delete
  3. I am lost :-))) the pictures look fantastic.I done not like green but this lumi green is one of my favourite colours. The O beads are sooooo nice.This is my favourite Ivy bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they look green at all. They're a bit like Chalk Lazure Blue but they're not very blue either. The color is very subtle.

      Delete