Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tara Earrings - Chalk Lazure Blue II



TARA EARRINGS
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 6mm 2-hole cabochons "Chalk Blue Luster"
  • 2-hole Crescent beads "Oxidized Bronze Clay"

I've discovered that this pattern does in fact work great with Miyuki seed beads. I took apart the earrings that I blogged about yesterday and re-made them. This time I used Miyuki "Dark Bronze", which worked perfectly and I like them much better. I honestly don't know why I had a problem with them the first time because I didn't need to make any adjustments to the pattern. This pair came out a lot flatter than the pair with Toho beads and the bronze isn't as bright, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I was going to show you the photo from yesterday's earrings next to today's but the differences aren't obvious enough in the photos.

I've got one more pair to show you tomorrow. I've run out of Crescent beads and I need to save the rest of my 2-hole cabochons for making bracelets.

You can buy Ellad2's "Tara Earrings" pattern HERE.


 

5 comments:

  1. Not sure if I missed you posting where do you get your 2 hole cabachon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth. I bought my first 2-hole cabochons in a local bead shop because no one else had them online that I could find. Then, Teejay sent me a few for my birthday and she got them from Robin's Beads in the UK. The best US source that I know of online is Red Panda. Betsy has a very nice selection of colors HERE.

      Delete
    2. I should have made the links bold. You can click on "Robin's Beads"
      and the link to Red Panda to visit those sites.

      Delete
  2. Ho copiato questo meraviglioso orecchino ed ora non so farlo di nuovi :( non ricordo dove ho iniziato!!
    SOS Grazie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Liza. Puoi acquistare il motivo "Orecchini Tara" di Ellad2 QUI.

      Delete