Monday, October 3, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Tammy - Jet & Gray


TAMMY BRACELET
  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Jet Matte"
  • DiamonDuo beads "Concrete Gray"


This colorway is hardly exciting but I recently bought the top in the photo below and had no bracelets or earrings to go with it due to the unusual colors in it. I knew at once that I'd have to use DiamonDuos. Their shape is perfect for obvious reasons and I happen to have them in just the right colors.


The colors in the top are very different from my usual colors but I love it. Ideally, I would have used either the blue or the green for the center diamonds in the motifs but they don't make DiamonDuos in either of those colors. They do make some matte blue ones but the blue is much too bright. In any case, by using gray ones I can wear this set with another one of my favorite tops, which you can see below.


I've struggled with bead colors to go with that top too. At first glance, you'd think that the flowers are a dark red but they're not. The black and light gray are making it look as if it's red. It's actually dark magenta. As far as I know, there are no beads in that color so black is the best choice. The gray in this bracelet is darker than the very subtle gray in that top but I think it goes well enough.

Below is a close-up of the fabric in that top. I pasted a swatch of dark red on the photo so that you can see that the color really isn't red.


You can download my free "Tammy Bracelet" pattern from THIS post. I blogged about this pair of earrings in THIS post from last Friday where you can download my free "Toni Earrings" pattern.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I think only of colors while matching my earrings to an outfit. With your top it is such a perfect match of colors and shapes :-) Best, Raisa

    ReplyDelete