Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Bracelet of the Day - Half Tila Herringbone - Black & Silver


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • Half Tila beads "Nickel Plated" (HT-190)
  • Half Tila beads "Opaque Black" (HT-401)

This neutral colorway should go with a lot of different outfits. Read my original post HERE for links to a free pattern and YouTube video tutorials for making this design.


The other day I mentioned HERE that I'd gotten some more Half Tilas in the mail and I said that the dye lots on some of the colors looked different than my older beads. It turns out that one color isn't actually any different. Once those beads have been used, they change to look just like the beads from my old stash. That's because the surface color rubs off while you're working with the beads and more of the base color shows through. The color is "Matte Metallic Copper" (HT-2005) and the difference is very obvious as you can see in the photo below. When they're new and unused, they look like the pile of beads on the left. Once they've been handled, they instantly change to look like the beads in the pile on the right. I've already used a few beads from the new batch and they've been added to my old batch because they now look just like those beads. I actually like the darker bronze copper better than the bright reddish copper color of the new beads.


Here is the bracelet that I made with the old batch of that color:




 

4 comments: