Friday, April 7, 2017

Playing with my Beads...Fringe Earrings #51 & #74


 
I made these earrings to go with a top that I've blogged about before. I have Delicas in most of the colors in the top except for the green. I thought that it wouldn't matter if there was no green in the earrings but I'm having second thoughts. I think that a touch of green would make the earrings pop more. I have ordered some green Delicas and will see if they are close to this shade of green. The color that I ordered is DB2127 "Spruce" and this is the photo that I went by when I ordered it:

DB2127

I had some trouble getting the blue beads to look the correct color in the photos without adversely affecting the other bead colors. Below is a swatch of the bead color:


DB2143

This navy blue color isn't easy to find but I found some at Bello Modo.



I made the sample earring below first. I like the fringe on it but I wasn't happy with the transition between the top section and the fringe. 


I went back to the drawing board and came up with the design below. I'm very happy with this one and will probably use this design in other colorways.



  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Nickel Plated" (DB21)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Matte Opaque Black" (DB310)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Opaque Dyed Blue Grey" (DB652)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Opaque Dyed Navy" (DB2143)





 

2 comments:

  1. Do you happen to have a collection of all of your fringe earring patterns, like the 2 here, available? I'd love to see them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't posted patterns for all of the fringe earrings that I have blogged about, only for ones that are my own designs. If you look over on the right side of my blog, there is a search box. If you do a search for "fringe earrings", it looks like it will bring up all of the ones that I've blogged about. I just did that and scrolled through about 4-5 pages and many of them do have patterns.

      Delete