Thursday, October 12, 2017

Bracelet of the Day: Mini Bridges - Ruby Luster


MINI BRIDGES BRACELET
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • Mini Silky beads "Chalk Red Luster"
  • 2mm Czech pearls "Antique Ivory"
  • MiniDuo beads "Ruby Luster"


In THIS post on Tuesday, I showed you some "Mini Bridges Bracelet" samples including two in this colorway. I did make some changes when I made today's bracelet. I switched from Toho seed beads to Miyuki beads and I made a small tweak to the pattern instructions so that I could do so. In the steps where you are told to pick up two 15/0 seed beads near the Mini Silky beads, I picked up three beads. Later, when adding the MiniDuos, I went through the middle bead in each trio of seed beads. Doing this created a little more space between the pearls and the Silky beads. It also allowed me to use 11/0 seed beads between the motifs even though the Miyuki seed beads are so much smaller than the recommended Toho beads.

Because you'll be using lots of tiny 2mm beads and 15/0 seed beads to make this bracelet, make sure that you use either 6 pound Fireline or Nymo B thread. You'll also need to use a size 12 beading needle. Even though I did this, I had to start over once while making this bracelet because one of the tiny pearls exploded when I tried to get my needle through it. I rarely have an issue with beads breaking so it took me by surprise when it happened.


You can buy Claire's "Mini Bridges Bracelet" HERE. When you buy this pattern, you'll also get a copy of her regular "Bridges Bracelet" pattern.


Baubles & Beads

The owners of Baubles & Beads are retiring and they're in the process of selling out their stock of beads and supplies. Everything is 50% off so click HERE for some great deals.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment